Pages Menu
Categories Menu
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Have you ever felt as though it’s a case of one step forward, two steps back? You’re trying hard, but not only are you going nowhere, you seem to be going backwards. Just brilliant! Well, when you’re in that place, here are 5 things to remember, to get you heading back in the right direction again.

Read More
The Missional Power of Generosity

The Missional Power of Generosity

If I were to ask you, “How much does the Bible talk on the subject of generosity,” what would your answer be? Just a little, a moderate amount, or a lot? If you went with either of those first two options, you’d be way off the mark. In fact, there are more verses on generosity, than on faith, hope and love combined.

And there’s a reason for that:

Read More
How Relevant is Your Church?

How Relevant is Your Church?

Here’s a disturbing thought.  None of the churches that the Apostle Paul planted in the 1st century are still in existence.  Go to Turkey (one of the key hubs of Paul’s church planting ministry) and you’ll be taken to ruins, but not to any live, vibrant, living, breathing churches planted by Paul.

Why?

Read More
Meet the Agnostic on Our Worship Team

Meet the Agnostic on Our Worship Team

Yah – I bet that got your attention! And it’s true. For several years, our church has had a “born again agnostic” – Vanessa – on our worship team. How does that make you feel? To tell you the truth, I was uncomfortable about it for a long time. 

Read More
4 Quick Tips for Dealing with Difficult People

4 Quick Tips for Dealing with Difficult People

The moment I mentioned those two words – “Difficult People” I know what’s happening in your head. You’re immediately picturing the face of the most difficult person in your life. Your pulse rate has just gone up and the emotions are racing. Why is that?

Read More
Teenagers, Facebook and Self-esteem

Teenagers, Facebook and Self-esteem

An article reporting some research on the impact of Facebook on teenagers’ self-esteem in my local newspaper caught my eye recently. And to be honest, it confirmed everything we old fogeys had suspected all along about the impact of social media. The question is, what do we as parents and grandparents, aunties, uncles and friends do to help our young folk?

Read More
Are You an Asset or a Liability?

Are You an Asset or a Liability?

There are two types of people walking around on planet earth today. Just two. There are givers and there are takers. You know what I mean. The question is – which one are you?

Read More